Dec 8, 2008

Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies

Who doesn't love an ooey gooey cookie that just melts in your mouth? Priscilla over at Priscilla's Baking Adventures posted an amazing receipe for "Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies" that I am dying to try and thought I'd share with you in case you felt compelled as well.

"Gooey Butter Cookies"
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 c. powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix & stir until well blended. Powder sugar your hands well. Roll balls into 1" or 2" and roll balls thoroughly in powdered sugar. Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Leave on cookie sheet for 3 minutes or more before removing to cool on wire rakcs.

And just as proof, don't these look amazing!??!
picture courtesy of Priscilla
picture from Priscilla's Baking Adventures 

I'm thinking these would make some amazing cookies for Operation Baking Gals, Round 5. What do you think? Would you make these lovely gems and send them to those fighting for our freedom?

If you like this recipe, you will love my post on holiday cookies. Try your hand at Linzer Cookies and show me how well your's turn out. For Tips on icing cookies, check out Sugarbelle or visit Bridget at Bake @ 350*. And just because I love chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies, here is a great post of me spending a crazy afternoon with my oldest 3 boys baking our hearts out!

Thanks for visiting! Which cookies are you going to make?

9 comments :

CalvaryGirl said...

Whoa those look awesome!!

Katrina McBride said...

These cookies are amazing!! My husband is in the military and currently deployed. These are his favorite treat to receive in his care packages. They stay soft forever so when he gets them they are still ooey and gooey!!

Anonymous said...

Do you add the ingredients to of the cake mix as well?

Unknown said...

You just mix the powdered cake mix in with the other listed ingredients. Don't add any ingredients from the cake mix directions. :) Happy baking!

Anonymous said...

I love this recipe! Its quick, easy, and delicious! You can vary the cake mixes by using chocolate, spice, lemon, any flavor and for a fun twist I like combining 2 cake mixes (chocolate and coconut; orange and vanilla; strawberry and banana)! All you need to do is double the other ingrediants and wow! With all the different flavors of cake mixes, this recipe can go a long way!

Anonymous said...

I love these cookies. I use the butter cake mix and it is delightful.

Waylie said...

Okay, I'm really confused, do you not add the powedered sugar into your cookie batter? Or do you just simply roll it in? So confused...

Anonymous said...

Just roll it in it.

Anonymous said...

I use a cookie scoop to make the balls ,,then roll them in the powder sugar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...