Jul 17, 2013

Change is constant, that much is true...

It was a running job when I work for a company a decade ago in downtown Houston that the company name stood for Sudden Change Imminent.  It seems since that joke, the only thing constant in my life is change.

Changes are always happening in my house...New jobs...Moves...New schools...Lost teeth and new smiles...New routines...New challenges...Changes can be great. But, changes certainly take their toll on me, mentally and physically.  Physically is the worst because it never fails to land on my hips.  I think the saying is, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips."  That statement rings true the stages of change for me.  Lets just say I'm a little fluffier than I was this time last year.  And, with four little men running around, its a wonder that I haven't changed into an alcoholic too. Although, I do love my wine!

But I always find a way to see peace in the change.

Images belong to LicktheBowlGood

Last week was another change, a big change.  I switched careers.  I have a new job, a new desk, a new car and a lovely new 45 minute commute.  But its during this commute that I get to reflect on my children, my God and my life.  One thing I have determined for sure is that my children are my life.  Messy house, clutter bookcases, laundry piled on the couch; all of that is insignificant in life.  A laugh.  A smile.  A hug.  A wonderful memory of my boys and I bowling or reading together.  That is the important stuff.

So what did I do last weekend?  I cooked with Cole.  And we made Sopapilla Cheesecake, as it is known in the South.  Many of you asked for the recipe, so here it is, straight from the Pilsbury website.  Enjoy!



Sopapilla Cheesecake - Serves 12

Ingredients

16 Oz Cream Cheese
2 Cans Pillsbury® Crecent Recipe Creations® refigerated crescent rolls
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 C Butter, melted
1/2 C Cinnamon Sugar 

Directions:

Using a 9x13 baking dish, unroll one package of Pillsbury® Crecent Recipe Creations® refigerated crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan, pressing together any seams.




Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and extract.

Spread evenly over the crescent rolls




Unroll the other package of Pillsbury® Crecent Recipe Creations® refigerated crescent roll and place over the top of the spread mixture, again pressing together the seams.

Pour 1 stick of melted butter over the top and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the top is brown and bubbly all over!




Serve hot, cold or with a drizzle of honey like a true sopapilla shown below by LicktheBowlGood OMG!


Images belong to LicktheBowlGood

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...