Aug 30, 2010

My Addiction...I know. I know...but I can't resist.

Addiction (əˈdɪkʃən)
n
the condition of being abnormally dependent on some habit, espcompulsive dependency on narcotic drugs


I know, what good foodie isn't addicted to The Food network channel? But it goes much deeper than my tv always on TFN. It roots all the way to constant transmissions and continual thoughts of ways to tinker and develop amazing dishes. It is almost like the core of my existence. And being a food addict, it only make sense that TFN is my lifeline, well next to my blackberry. But one show in particular catches my fancy every time it is on, the Next Food Network Star, and this past season was no exception.

Who didn't love it? The drama? The excitement and oooooh the food...And the contestants this round were wonderful! But my favorite part of everything was that a food blogger like myself won! Aarti Sequeiras from AartiParti now has her own show, one I can watch and learn about Indian cuisine and the art of food blogging. Of course I had to stumble her blog and cyberstock her on TFN. What I found amazing was her innate ability to combine her native spices with whatever intended cuisine and come up with food that not only photographed well, but sounded delicious!! I'm sure it tasted even better! One recipe in particular caught my fancy, Roasted Chicken Breasts with Orange, CardamomamTurmeric (and of course you must pronounce it with the delicate accent so well known of Aarti).

Thank you Aarti for your beautiful personality, your perseverance, your love of food and your inspiration that all of us Foodies can be as great as we want to be! You should find the confidence in yourself that we all know you have!

So courtesy of TFN & Aarti Sequeira, here is the recipe and picture:


Prep Time:
10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
5 min
Cook Time:
25 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
2 servings

Ingredients

  • 6 red potatoes, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
  • Extra-virgin olive oil
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 shallot, finely minced
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 3 cardamom pods, husks removed and seeds pulverized
  • 1 orange, zested and juiced
  • 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
  • 2 bone-in chicken breasts with skin

Directions

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.

In the bottom of a foil-lined broiler pan, toss the potato slices with a generous drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper, to taste.

In a small bowl, stir together the butter, shallots, garlic, cardamom, orange zest, orange juice, turmeric, garam masala and salt and pepper, to taste. Separate the skin from chicken flesh using your index finger, moving it back and forth. Do not remove the skin completely, just make a pocket. Spoon half of the butter mixture under skin of 1 breast, smoothing it out with your index finger. Repeat with other chicken breast.

Put a rack over the potatoes in the broiler pan and arrange the chicken on the rack. Roast until the chicken registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, and the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and transfer the chicken and potatoes to a serving platter. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...