Aug 29, 2008

Creamy Red Velvet Cupcakes


Since I'm 2 weeks behind in my blog, I'd better catch you up on my cupcake adventures. Ever had the best red velvet cake and decide to make it into a cupcake? Well I do. And I did. I'm still not 100% convinced its the perfect cupcake receipe, but it sure holds its own. So here it is...


Creamy Red Velvet Cupcakes:

Cook 1 box Red Velvet cake as directed + 2tsp Vanilla (The vanilla makes all the difference in whether it tastes homemade or not, TRUST ME.)


Once Cool, Ice with Cream Cheese Icing...

2 sticks of unsalted butter

1 pkg of cream cheese

4 cups confectioners sugar

1 tsp vanilla


Cream butter and cream cheese together with vanilla. Slowly add powdered suger to desired texture. Add food coloring at this point if desired. Makes 24.


Viola! Perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...