Dec 2, 2008

Operation Baking GALS: Round 5

This may be Round 5 for most on Operation Baking GALS, but its Round 1 for me and the boys...

What better way to support our troups than by sending them homemade goodies during the holidays. Sure we supported an underpriviledged family too with an Angel Tree Angel, but not forgetting our troups that are fighting for our freedom just seems like a high priority right now. I've joined team Dani's Delightful Darlings lead by Danielle.

So who are we supporting this month?? SSgt McElyea was born and raised in southwest Virginia. He joined the military straight out of high school. He left for his first deployment in January 2008 and is scheduled to return sometime in February 2009. I'm sure being away for the holidays will be difficult for him and his family. His sweet daughter will be missing one very brave father this Holiday!

SSgt McElyea, Thank you for everything you do! Thank you for leaving your family to fight for my family's freedom! In your honor, although it is a small token in comparison, I'm shipping you some yummy Chocolate Crackle Cookies. I can't thank you enough!

1 comment :

Danielle said...

Thanks for joining my team! I really appreciate it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...