Aug 12, 2015

Important ingredients every baker needs to survive

Important ingredients every baker needs to survive

We recently moved and had the joy of packing and unpacking our stuff. And like me, you get everything unpacked and put away in the first week of living in the house, right? Who am I kidding?!? I'm still leaving in a sea of boxes, but at least the important items are unpacked!


What I did find though was that some of my "staples" were missing when I went to grab them out of the pantry. I can't remember if we threw them out because they expired or for space or simply because I had too many. (Which is a possibility) But now I found myself without some of my key ingredients for baking.


And what is the first thing I want to do in my new home? Bake! Don't you? I want to smell the cookies floating through the freshly painted home. Or hear the cheers from my boys as they realize mom made a special treat or dessert!


Mom Rocks! Mom Rocks! Mom Rocks! .... sorry daydream moment....


So I started compiling my grocery list to fill in the blanks and thought you might find this list helpful!














So here it is.... Important ingredients every baker needs to survive!

Refrigerated Items:

  • Unsalted butter
  • Milk - I prefer 2% but sometimes that means whole or even buttermilk
  • Eggs - We can simply never have enough, so we buy in bulk
  • Sour Cream
  • Cream Cheese












Pantry Items:

  • Non-stick flour baking spray
  • Flour - All Purpose is our preference, but I always have cake flour too
  • Granulated Sugar
  • Light Brown Sugar
  • Powdered Sugar (Confectioner's)
  • Baking Powder
  • Baking Soda
  • Dry Yeast
  • Table Salt
  • Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
  • Cornstartch
  • Vegetable Oil
  • Crisco (shortening)
  • Corn Syrup - Dark and Light
  • Honey
  • Peanut Butter
  • Vanilla Extract - we prefer the real vanilla extract
  • Almond Extract
  • Cream of Tartar
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Ground Ginger
  • Ground Cloves
  • Ground Nutmet
  • Chocolate Chips - semi sweet morsels
  • Shredded Coconut
  • Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • Evaporated Milk

Additional Items:

  • Almond Flour
  • Honey
  • Coconut Oil
  • Unflavored Gelatin
  • Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
  • Assorted Nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
  • Dried Fruit - Raisins, cranberries
  • Food coloring
  • Sprinkles (jimmies or nonpareils)
  • Marshamallows
  • Jams or Preserves

Keeping a great stockpile on hand will ensure you have everything you need when a sudden craving for macarons hits you! I LOVE MACARONS!!! Don't you??

By Georges Seguin (Okki) (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

What other ingredients did I not list that you can't live with out??


post signature
If you liked this post, Please Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...